$125 FLAT RATE SHIPPING
One of the strongest woods in the world
Up to a Class A fire rating for flame spread
Termite, Mold & Fungi resistant
High scratch & slip resistance
Can outlast composite material
Twice as strong as Oak
Time proven on many commercial projects
Better than teak
Great for docks, gazebos, benches, & tables
Worldwide shipping is available
Large selection of stock sizes
Up to 20 feet long
Up to 6x6 timbers
We custom mill to your dimensions
Comparably priced with composite decking choices
Available with hidden fastening system
Ipe siding is the best wood siding option available. Featured in many commercial and upscale residential projects, siding made of ipe has the same great durable characteristics of standard Ipe Decking. Buildings that use Ipe Siding will maintain their strength even in harshest environmental conditions.
When you compare Ipe wood siding to other artificial siding options, you’ll quickly see why ipe is a superior choice. Ipe is 100% natural, maintenance free, and does not have chemically produced additives. Unlike other siding options, ipe wood siding also easily resists termites, mold, and wood rot.
When you order ipe siding with Ipe Depot™, you're buying direct from the mill at a cost not found anywhere else. We have such great siding prices due to our direct relationships with hardwood exporters and the fact that we are the leading supplier of ipe wood in the United States.
|Ipe Shiplap Siding Profile Specifications|
Face view of shiplap siding
End grain view to show how the siding fits on eachother.
|Nominal Dimension||Net "Finished" Dimension||Price
Ipe Shiplap Siding 1 x 4
||3/4" X 3"||$3.04|
Ipe Shiplap Siding 1 x 6
||3/4" X 5"||$4.18|
Ipe Shiplap Siding 1 x 6 PLUS™
||21mm X 5"
Ipe Shiplap Siding 5/4 x 4
||1" X 3"||$3.62|
Ipe Shiplap Siding 5/4 x 6
||1" X 5"||
|Siding sold in even and odd lengths between 6' to 20'.
We can pull your order to specific lengths.
Add an additional upcharge of $0.80 per lineal foot for 15+ foot lengths.
Add $1.00 per lineal foot for 19' & 20' lengths.
We ship Ipe siding worldwide!!!
Ipe Siding Installation
- To protect from excess moisture apply a vapor barrier to the wall
- Attach 3/4" furring strips spaced over 16" to the vapor barrier
- Starting at the bottom start the installation of siding by pre-drilling holes above each furring strip with a 1/8" drill bit. If using Ipe Plugs use a 3/8" drill bit to make a hole for each wood plug to fit into.
- To secure the bottom half of each board, drive a 3" stainless steel screw through the 1/8" pre-drilled hole.
- Predrill with a 1/8" drill bit a hole through the narrow part of the siding that sticks out against the wall at the top of the board.
- Next, drive a 3" stainless steel screw through the 1/8" pre-drilled hole. Do not worry about plugging this hole since the next board you install will cover this fastener.
- Repeat steps 1-6 the above steps for the rest of the project.
This is only an example of the siding profiles that we offer. Please contact us for more info. We can accommodate almost any specifications that you may need.
|Ipe Rainscreen Siding Profile Specifications|
Face view of Ipe Rainscreen Siding
End grain view to show how Ipe Rainscreen Siding fits on eachother.
HOW TO INSTALL RAINSCREEN SIDING MATERIALS NEEDED:
- Advantage Rainscreen Siding
- DeckWise® Hidden Siding Fasteners
- Stainless Steel Screws
- Cordless Drill
- End Seal
- Furring Strips (1x3 pine is typical)
- Base board (1x6 PT Pine is typical)
- Vapor Barrier
- Rubber mallet
- Chalk line
- Calculate how much siding you will need based on the "Net Finished Dimensions" only.
- Advantage Rainscreen Siding must acclimate to your local climate.
- Use Advantage End Seal to cover the ends of the grain of any freshly cut siding boards.
- Do you need a permit? Permission from your Homeowner's Association? Before starting any project, you must always check local building codes.
- Install house wrap to prevent moisture intrusion. (Always follow the vapor barrier manufacturer's instructions.)
- Install the baseboard (horizontal furring strip) with stainless screws. Ensure the baseboard is level.
- Align furring strips vertically on top of baseboard 16" on center. Attach furring strips.
- Install starter clips (included with the hidden siding fastener kit) on your baseboard. Align each starter clip with the furring strips installed in step 3. (TIP: use a chalk line reel to create a level line).
- Install the first Advantage Rainscreen Siding board on top of the starter clips. (TIP: Use a level to ensure this first board is aligned properly).
- Place hidden siding fasteners into the pre-molded groove
- Drive stainless steel screw through the siding fastener into the furring strip at a 45 degree angle.
- Set the proceeding siding boards on top of the installed siding fasteners. (TIP: Use a rubber mallet to align boards properly).
TIP: Where two pieces of siding abut against each other, use two fasteners. (Use two starter clips if there is more than one piece of siding installed on the baseboard).